Friday, September 4, 2015

21 KONSTRUKTIONS: Paintings - Preparing Grounds

The last months of 2015 will be spent focusing on the final large paintings as I work toward completing this suite by the end of the year.  The minimum dimension was to  be 24" but on some I've gone smaller because an exaggerated rectangle is a beautiful format.


Tinted Ground (Detail)

Tinted Ground 16" x 40"

Tinted Ground 24 " x 40"

Tinted Ground 30" x 30"






Small Abstract Grounds:  

Continued studies for the final paintings 








Cross Stitch Part II

Another word for compulsion is comfort.  The cross stitch has returned as I recreate images from my roofing photos.  This image is the side of a tar kettle that's been scraped repeatedly and then left to rust in the yard of the  commercial roofing company I've worked at for the past 10 years.










No comments:

Post a Comment